Junior Board Qualifications
- Must be an AHS Freshman, Sophomore or Junior in good standing.
- Must have maintained a minimum of an 80 average in core curriculum subjects during the past school year.
- Must have established a history of acceptable attendance and behavior.
- The selection process will consist of two phases – “Objective Criteria” and “Interview.”
- Those students who score high on the “Objective Criteria” portion of the selection process will be eligible for the “Interview” process. The scoring system consists of: 40% Interviews, 30% Essay and 30% Objective Criteria. Exact number of those to be interviewed will depend on the numbers needed.
- The top point earners (combined scores) will be the program participants beginning June 1 and ending with the following school year.
- Jr. Board Members have a responsibility to actively participate in all activities. Failure to complete assignments or to volunteer for 75% of the small group tasks can result in dismissal.
- Any Jr. Board Member who misses three (3) meetings will be removed and an alternate assigned in that place. Three (3) tardies to meetings will count as an absence.
- Prior service and attendance records will impact applications for the following year(s).