Keep Albertville Stronger Together - COVID 19 Information
Due to COVID-19 we are providing information that we believe to be helpful to our community!
Frequently Asked Q&A Concerning the Alabama Stay At Home Order that went in to effect 4/4/2020 @ 5:00 PM
4/3/2020 at 4:00 PM Gov. Kay Ivey issued at Stay At Home Order to begin at 5:00 PM on 4/4/30 and remain in place until 5:00 PM 4/30/2020
Click On Links to Read Order
Stay At Home Order 4/3/2020 in SpanishSBA ECONOMIC INJURY DISASTER LOAN & EMERGENCY GRANT $10,000OverviewThe Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act temporarily expands eligibility for SBA economic injury disaster loans (EIDL) and provides an emergency advance of up to $10,000 to small businesses and private non-profits harmed by COVID-19 within 3 days of applying for an SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL). To access the advance, you first apply for an EIDL and then request the advance. The advance does not need to be repaid under any circumstance, and may be used to keep employees on payroll, to pay for sick leave, meet increased production costs due to supply chain disruptions, or pay business obligations, including debts, rent, and mortgage payments.EligibilityIn addition to the entities that are already eligible for SBA disaster loans (small businesses, private non-profits, and small agriculture cooperatives), eligibility is temporarily expanded to include:
Additionally, you must have been in business as of January 31, 2020. Expanded eligibility criteria and the emergency grants are only available between January 31, 2020 and December 31, 2020.How to Apply
- Business entities with 500 or fewer employees:
- Sole proprietorships, with or without employees
- Independent contractors
- Cooperatives and employee owned businesses
- Tribal small businesses
- Private non-profits of any size.
Can I apply for other SBA loan programs?If you apply for an EIDL and the grant, you can still apply for a Paycheck Protection loan. However the amount forgiven under a Paycheck Protection loan will be decreased by the $10,000 grant.More InformationFor more information about SBA loan programs, please visit the Small Business Administration . More information about small business programs in the CARES Act can be found on the U.S. Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship website .
- You can apply for an EIDL online with the SBA.
- When you apply, you can request an emergency grant of $10,000.
- The SBA will provide the grant within 3 days of receiving your application.
- You will not have to repay the grant, even if your application for a loan is denied.
- You can visit an SBA resource partner who can help guide you through the loan application process. You can find your nearest Small Business Development Center (SBDC) or Women’s Business Center here.
- For COVID-19 testing sites and hours of operation, call the ADPH 24-hour hotline at
Tax Filing Deadline has been extended from April 15, 2020 to July 15 2020
This extended filing period is for both Federal and State of Alabama tax payers
By order of Gov. Kay Ivey at 5:00 PM 3/19/2020 all restaurants
and bars can only offer drive-thru, curbside or takeout orders.
All inside dining will be closed.
(Click On Event To See Details)