Primarily responsible for various production processes, both manual (i.e. using a knife to cut and remove poultry parts) and automated, associated with disassembly of poultry into customer and/or company specifications. Performs all work in compliance with company policies, NCC Animal Welfare Guidelines and local, state and federal policies, laws and regulations.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- Under general supervision, perform various manual or automated functions associated with disassembling poultry into customer or company requirements
- Perform all work in compliance with company policies, NCC Animal Welfare Guidelines and local, state and federal policies, laws and regulations
- All other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred, but not required
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Ability to work unsupervised and self-motivate
- Ability to work nights, weekends, holidays and extended shift hours
- Sound work ethic, honesty and moral character
- Follow departmental and company safety policies and programs
- Must wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) at all times in areas where required.)
- Stand up to 8 hours.
- Lift up to 60 lbs.
- Work in a wet and cold environment (45ºF, 4ºC)
- Will be exposed to noise of > 85 decibels, CO2 and moving production equipment
- Work around raw, live animal odors