Chamber President Job Announcement
Position Description: President, Albertville Chamber of Commerce
Reports To: Executive Board of the Albertville Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors
The President will focus on executive leadership in all aspects of the Albertville Chamber of Commerce. The chosen candidate will collaborate with the Board of Directors to oversee and orchestrate the Chamber’s major initiatives for regional growth including the promotion of the city of Albertville and the Marshall County area as a leader in business success and economic development while coordinating the efforts of a willing, professionally-prepared staff and committed volunteer group.
This executive position is accountable for the effective and efficient operation of all organizational activities of the chamber, including but not limited to: program initiatives; membership recruitment, development, and retention; training and supervision of volunteers and program participants; certain fiscal responsibilities as dictated by the executive board; developing and maintaining a collaborative working relationship between the Albertville Chamber of Commerce and business, public policy/governmental organizations, other regional chambers and other regional organizations to foster a strong business environment for the members.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS:
- Visionary leader capable of leading and expanding the programs and services offered.
- Strong marketing and public relations experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures.
- The ability to sell the programs of the Chamber and recruit new members.
- Excellent communication skills, including written, oral, and listening skills, public speaking in large and small groups, representing the chamber in both print and broadcast interviews.
- Technical ability to advertise/manage social media pages/campaigns and website content.
- Must be a resident of Albertville, Alabama, or be willing to relocate to said area.
- Serves as the organization’s primary liaison with the public sector and with major trade and professional organizations. Acts as the primary spokesperson for the organization and represents the officers, Board, and membership in this capacity.
- Responsible for maintaining financial records and accounts, to include collection efforts when necessary.
- A proven track record of managerial success through well-developed leadership and organizational skills resulting in achievement of goals; well-developed organizational and program design skills.
- Personally visits Chamber members on a regular basis for the purpose of building goodwill and gathering information to address member needs.
- Must be available to travel as some aspects of the job will require out of town and overnight travel.
- If not already certified, must be willing to pursue education to become a Certified Chamber Executive through the Association of Chamber of Commerce Executives as well as pursue enrollment and completion in the Institute for Organizational Management, the professional development program of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation.
Candidate must have a minimum of a BA/BS in related field and at least five years-experience as a successful leader, with business acumen. Ability to be self-motivated and work effectively without direct supervision. Chamber and/or other non-profit management, or related field experience, is preferred.
Send cover letter and resume to:
Albertville Chamber of Commerce, Attention: Board of Directors, P.O. Box 1457, Albertville, AL 35950.
Or email to: email@example.com